Having literally defined the mature game category, Mortal Kombat makes a triumphant return to its violent roots in the fastest and most brutal instalment to date. Fighting game players will receive the Mortal Kombat they’ve been asking for, with fatalities presented in more detail than ever before.
After centuries of Mortal Kombat, Emperor Shao Kahn has finally defeated Raiden and his allies. Faced with extinction, Raiden has one last chance to save Earthrealm. To undo the Emperor’s victory, he must strike Shao Kahn where he is vulnerable… the Past.
- Mature Presentation – Fatalities make a triumphant return to their violent form as Mortal Kombat gives its fans what they’ve been demanding. Graphic details, never before possible are presented with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MK history.
- All New Game Play – By returning to its classic 2D fighting plane, mature presentation, and up to 4 player tag-team kombat; Mortal Kombat introduces an all new fighting mechanic that’s both accessible and provides the depth that fighting game players look for.
- Deep Story Mode – Mortal Kombat offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players are taken back to the Mortal Kombat tournament where they try to alter the events of the past in an attempt to save the future.
- Graphics & technology – Characters, environments and fatalities have never been presented with as much gory detail as in this next generation Mortal Kombat. From internal organs to the most “realistic” blood effects, Kombat has
never looked this good.
- New Game Modes – In addition to an enhanced online feature set, Mortal Kombat introduces Co-op arcade mode and many additional modes to be announced in the upcoming months.